We are currently involved in teaching, evangelism and discipling through the Basic Concepts Course from our base and in the local churches.
Travel between villages and towns is often only possible by sea (or air) due to the heavily forested hills, which is why much of our ministry revolves around teaching good seamanship and showing them how to build safer, more capable boats.
Our long term plans are:
- Re-locate the mission base / training centre, to land provided for us on Kwato Island, this means building a new mission centre for which we will need considerable financial input.
The schooner “Living Water” will be based there, as will our apprenticeship training in conjunction with Kwato Church.
- Teach Milne Bay people in ministry and practical skills such seamanship, boatbuilding and mechanics to enable their ministries to stand up financially and be effective.
- We will also teach boatbuilding in Kwato beginning with a 26ft cutter, which we will donate to United Charismatic Mission at Misima to facilitate them in serving the island communities with God’s Word and in supply of stores and materials.
- Our second, perhaps simultaneous vessel will be a similar size workboat to serve Kwato Island itself and the Samarai district.
- Install satellite communications at the base, both for emergencies and to enable further advancement of the mission.
- Work to facilitate better healthcare provisions where we operate.